Sunday, March 26, 2017

Setting

Within my film there are 3 major settings in which scenes take place.
The settings are as follows:

  • a bathroom
  • a male bedroom with seating area
  • the Center - a public town area  (but in a more secluded space)
For the both the bathroom and the male bedroom I will be using my own house. For the bedroom I will be using my older brother's bedroom. His room, while messy, has the essence of a stereotyped boy. His room is filled with memorabilia, game consoles, boy's clothing, gender-masculine colors, and general "boy" stuff. With a few adjustments I have made my brother's room into Greyson's room.
 Such as the addition of seating, since the only seating available would be the bed on the couch which would allow 3 to 4 seats. However, since the seating is primarily on one side of the room and Chris is supposed to dominate the room I added one more seat in the back left corner between the television and the closet. This is where Chris will be sitting, right in front of the entrance to the room and will draw attention from the moment he enters the shot.

As for "The Center" I will be using one of my town's plaza's called the Town Center, which is both a town hangout, business area, and marketplace. On the second floor, where the majority of the businesses are, there is a seating area that overlooks the entire marketplace. This is where Greyson meets Chris, the friend who introduced him to Nous. This is where the dramatic part really hits. They would be sitting on the benches.

I haven't decided if it takes place during night or day, but I have been there during night and there are lights.






No comments:

Post a Comment