Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Superhero Film?

My original idea was a superhero origin story, which sprouted from my recent obsession with the television series The Flash, a DC comic book superhero with the power of super speed. This was a long while ago, nearly at the beginning of the year when I thought up the plot, which mimicked the television series.
I badly wanted to have a female character, one who had been obsessed with comic book culture and was studying in a scientific field. Her metamorphosis would be very independent seeing as how she would have knowledge of both non-fictional and fictional reasoning to her new powers.

However...that plot fell through once I started researching it and creating it. My actress, or at least my speculated actress, would be too heavily involved in her own Media Studies project to help me out. My plot and characters required too much, both monetarily and within time. I didn't have the editing system or skills to create a super-powered individual.

So, to my dismay, I scrapped it.


Or did I?

Yeah, I did.

One of the main reasons I wanted to work with a superhero origin story was for the effects and editing. Maybe my original dream isn't dead.

What about a psychological thriller with science fiction elements? Maybe?

Well I recently watched iBoy which was on Netflix and the premise of the film is a boy obtains the power of hacking into technology with his mind after an accident. (Where have we heard that before?) I'm not trying to recreate that, but it did mesh the genres of a thriller and science fiction film well.

I haven't watched Doctor Strange yet, but I feel as if it has the same feel that I'm going for. I want the whole film to be kind of trippy looking, if that makes sense. I want to incorporate a lot of odd angles that makes the film look odd. I want to have uncomfortable close ups and uncomfortable audio.

Last night I watched Get Out directed by Jordan Peele (a great film btw) and it sort of had that in there too. There were a lot, and I mean a lot of extreme close ups of faces or dutch angles. This added to the creepiness and the horror aspect of it all. Should there be a horror aspect to it? Am I just trying to mesh all my favorite genre's together? Probably.

Tell me this isn't creepy?

I think this could be it though. A science fiction, psychological thriller? 
Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment