Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Constantly Changing (hey isn't that an oxymoron)

I just finished writing my script!!!! It's a little rough and is in now way professional, but I can read it and understand it. ( I linked a PDF file on Google Drive here if you'd like to take a peek)

Hey, like do you remember when I said to expect changes with my plot a few blog posts back? Glad I planned on that because boy oh boy did I change it up. One of biggest changes in my plot is that Greyson does not die. In the original plot I really, really wanted him to do to symbolize society and all that was wrong with it yada yada yada.

After talking to Mrs. Stoklosa I realized a lot of plot holes in my plot. One of major ones being the aspect of time and how to portray a lengthy period of time in just 5 minutes without a cheesy "let's learn how to use my powers" montage. This was one of the main thoughts in my mind when writing this final script. I kept asking myself "how do I do this?" I asked all my friends their opinions and my new-ish plot was born.

No worries, it's not changed that much. Greyson still ends up being pressured to take the drug which ultimately alters his mind to a supersonic processing speed and fills it with knowledge. Greyson however doesn't push his abilities or mind to the limit. The biggest change, besides the lack of his death, is the ending. Greyson, as the unreliable narrator, believes that this is all happening for the very first time. It is not.

Greyson has been taking nous for 7 months and is unable to remember the previous times since he still has a human brain. The enormity of the power given to him by nous is still too much for him to handle, yet he is addicted to it and continues to take it. His powers are illustrated as just another side effect from the drug and the deterioration of his mind is the drug wearing off. Thus, Greyson develops somewhat a "chain-smoker" addiction in which he's taking more nous just as the last is wearing off.

Greyson is kept in this cycle by his own will. However, it is explained to him every time and he understands what he's doing.

The social undertone is what drives him. To live in a society without strong emotions dulls a persons mortality. Experiencing these emotions and intelligence at full blast, creating a high, was the strongest drug. Being freed from social suppression was and is his greatest desire, along with everyone else's.

No comments:

Post a Comment