Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Plot? (expect future changes)

Can I get a drum roll please?

After a lot of thought I think, emphasis on think, I've finally come up with my plot.

In rather basic summary, a boy is pressured into taking a new drug by his friends and experiences a reaction, as if he was allergic, and has near-death experience. When he is revived, the drug won't leave his system and he develops superhuman abilities, mainly enhanced senses and a hyper mind. (I'll do a more in depth post on the extent of his powers) He pushes his abilities to better himself, especially with his mind. Still having a human brain with superhuman abilities burns him out, eventually killing him.

How It Connects To My Genre:

  • The superhuman abilities fit in with the sub-genres of science fiction films
  • My imagined editing fits in with common conventions of a psychological thriller
  • The unreliable narrator fits in with a common convention of a psychological thriller

The "Deeper" Meaning/Social Commentary

As mentioned in previous posts, the genre of soft science fiction typically involves some type of social commentary. My social commentary falls on that of society as a whole, namely the people of our society. How we let what others are doing determine what we're doing. Especially our societal needs to consume and be the best, which may ultimately be consequential or fatal. Society is represented through my main character, as he is pressured by others and dies from his want for power and consumption.


No comments:

Post a Comment