Saturday, April 15, 2017

Postcard? No Worries, It's Been on the Back Burner This Entire Time

Also in my down time away from editing, filming, and everything else I had not forgotten about my minor tasks, namely the film festival post card. I spent some time googling photos of film festival postcards and taking a look a previous class's. My Google search produced very simple results, ending up with links to online stores selling ACTUAL postcards with old movie posters on them. So I really based this part of the project on past student's postcards, with one in particular.


From this group's postcard for their film Droid  I understood how I wanted to approach this, despite there not being a backside to study. I fell in love with the minimal, yet busy design. I wanted a minimalist approach, just like on the website. I enjoyed how only the title and website is listed, assuming the rest of the information is on the back. The postcard is simple yet eye-catching, just what I want to strive for. One difference I would put on the front would list who the film was directed by. 
 
As for on the back I would list a short synopsis of the film and list those who took part in the creation, namely the actors. One interesting tidbit I found whilst scouring the web was to leave a blank space for the show times, which is where stickers would be placed in order to have the same postcard used at different festivals. Besides that I would just place all of the social media handles, where to locate the film online, and a business email only to used for inquires about showings and et cetera.
 
For the photo I will most probably just be using one of the green screen shots and creating the background to be either the gradient white I've been using or a flat white. Or a still from the final product film. I haven't decided yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment